Jamshid Nazarian, MD, FACS, FAMBS
Bariatric Surgeon located in Beverly Hills, CA
Jamshid Nazarian, MD, FACS, FICS, FAMBS, is a board-certified surgeon specializing in bariatric surgery. With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Nazarian provides a variety of procedure options utilizing state-of-the-art equipment to patients in Beverly Hills, California.
After completing his general surgery residency in New York at the Brooklyn Jewish Hospital, Dr. Nazarian completed two years of fellowship in surgery at Wayne State University of Michigan and Hahnemann (Drexel) University in Pennsylvania.
Dr. Nazarian is a diplomat of the American Board of Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a Fellow of the International College of Surgeons. As an active member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and the International Federation of Bariatric Surgery, Dr. Nazarian has performed more than 5,000 successful bariatric procedures in the past 25 years.
Dr. Nazarian has been practicing in Beverly Hills, California, since 1987. He is at the forefront of bariatric surgery, performing all different types of bariatric cases in the form of minimally invasive procedures for gastric bypass, Lap-Band procedures, and sleeve gastrectomy. Dr. Nazarian specializes in laparoscopic procedures and performs almost all of his procedures laparoscopically. He also receives a number of revisional bariatric surgeries, which are referred from other institutions for correction.
As the Medical Director of Beverly Hills Institute for Bariatric Surgery, Dr. Nazarian believes that each individual’s needs are unique and require customized care. He strives to improve each patient’s quality of life with his surgical expertise, professional qualifications, and extensive experience. Dr. Nazarian is recognized as a Member of the “Bariatric Center of Excellence,” which is given to experienced surgeons in the field with quality of practice.
Dr. Nazarian has hospital affiliations with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, St. Mary’s Hospital, West Hills Hospital & Medical Center, and Southern California Hospital.
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- St. Mary’s Hospital
- West Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Southern California Hospital
Credentials and Certifications
- Doctor of Medicine, Tabriz University Medical School
- General Surgery Residency, Brooklyn Jewish Hospital New York
- Fellowship Training, Wayne State University Detroit, Michigan
- Fellowship Training, Hahnemann (Drexel) University Pennsylvania
- Diplomate, American Board of Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, International College of Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Metabolic Bariatric Surgery
- Member, International Federation of Bariatric Surgery